Friday, August 12, 2011

Haley's 30th and Bar B Que Fun

The day began at 5:30 AM and delivering Jerry to Haley and John's in order for the guys to depart by 7 AM for Dillon, CO. The jeep and trailer were loaded down, and off they went like little boys going on a hunting trip!!! I returned to the RV to sleep another couple of hours, clean up and pack for our overnight stay in Dillon. Off to Haley's to load her car with all my stuff---I walked to the grocery store 2 blocks from her house to get hamburger buns and 2 heads of lettuce for John. Haley had to run downtown Denver to pick up something for one of the 3 bar b Que pits--she called to tell me I had the wrong lettuce---and could I walk back to the grocery and get the really pretty lettuce that you use for "presentations!" Now, I have not made too many presentations, so I really didn't know what I was to get---so, I shopped for really pretty lettuce!!! and parsley!!! When I returned from returning the 2 heads of lettuce, Haley was home and off we went to Dillon. We arrived and moved into our motel room, leaving Guy and Girlfriend to have a little R & R--Haley and walked to the guys booth---are you ready for this? John named his team (Jerry & John)---"Rub'um & Leave'um" and they looked so cute sitting in their folding chairs drinking beer! Soon, it was time to rub the brisket and put it on the grill----this is a really big deal! Jerry and I decided all was good for awhile, so he and I came back to the room to check on the dogs. Wouldn't you know, we had a little red beeping light on the phone that told us, people had been complaining about the dogs barking!!
Surely, it was some other dogs, not mine!!! We had left the TV turned up, the bathroom vent fan blowing and the air conditioner on full. So, we took Guy and Girlfriend shopping with us, to get them out of the room!!! They are crashed out, Haley, John and Jerry are holding down the tent, eating, drinking, listening to live music and having a great time-----while I am in the room watching Guy and Girlfriend sleep!! (But, they sure aren't barking!!!) Haley just brought me a grilled hamburger and it was great! I will sip my margarita and keep my fingers moving on this computer! Since they have my camera ---photos will be included tomorrow! Wish us luck, John's bar b que sauce and my salsa were turned in to the judges tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment