Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Colorado



Leaving Dumas, TX in our rear view mirror was pretty easy this morning! The weather got cooler as we traveled north through Trinidad, CO and into Golden, CO. Arriving at our favorite RV 5 Star resort, we called Haley and told her we were setting up and would like to take her to dinner. Jerry and I changed and I was ready walk the dogs before we left, however, I could only find Guy!! We realized we had left the door open while we were setting up the RV, meaning Girlfriend must have gotten out! Panic set in and Jerry got in the jeep as I took off on foot walking up and down the lanes looking under each and every RV and trailer for about an hour and a half. We alerted every person we saw walking their dogs to be on the look out for Girlfriend. I notified the office and they got on their walkie talkies and had all the guys in their golf carts looking for our little female. Jerry and I finally gave up and went into the RV and told Guy we had lost his girlfriend---I got out the treats and gave one to Guy to make him feel better. I emptied everything under our bed, since that was her favorite hiding place--she was not there, Jerry got on his hand and knees and felt around under the dining table (where we had Haley's babybed standing on it's side and wrapped in blankets). LOW AND BEHOLD, GUESS WHO WAS TAKING A NAP UNDER THE BLANKETS ====Girlfriend. I wanted to whip that little wench, but we were so happy to see her, we just gave her a treat! I had to get in the jeep and drive all around the park to report that we had found Girlfriend-----I just didn't tell them where I found her!!!!
Dinner was great as Haley took us to Golden to eat pizza at a really great place and have ice cold beer. Jerry is going to work tomorrow and then play golf. I plan on sleeping in, going to the pool and reading my book, I don't want any trauma or excitement!!!!! We are sitting outside in the cool night air, no mosquitoes, no humidity, just totally awesome! Wish you were here! Oh by the way, Jerry and I traded our RV for the new "GO GREEN" RV & trailer inculding bikes! As you can see we really got a great deal!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment